Bloom by A.P. Kensey Review

Title: Bloom
Author: A.P. Kensey
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Action/Adventure
Series: Bloom, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: An X-Men-esque thrill ride sure to appeal to superhero and action fans, Bloom was amazing--I loved this wonderful, fast-paced adventure! Wonderful!

Haven and Colton are two very different people who have never met. But soon they will meet, brought together by a set of very strange and clandestine circumstances. They both have special powers. Powers that they cannot even begin to control. On two different sides of a secret, brutal war that takes no prisoners and has more casualties than they can foresee. Both of them must decide what side they are on.. For there are no second chances..

What I enjoyed:
-I loved the premise of this novel--I'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of the X-Men premise or superhero related--it was really cool
-The pacing of this novel was nuts--it was so fast, I couldn't put this book down and I finished it in a matter of hours
-Haven, the girl who can barely control the powers inside her, just wanting to live a normal life with her family, wanting no part in a massive war
-Colton--he was very deeply layered and I really related to him as he was tempted to use his powers for affluence and security--who wouldn't be?
-The cast of characters surrounding the two, particularly Micah, Marius, and Corva
-Bernam, the frightening villain who will stop at nothing in his quest for ultimate power
-The ending--it was perfect and I cannot wait for the next book!

What could've been better:
-There was nothing I didn't love about this cinematic superhero novel! Amazing!

I loved, loved, loved Bloom--a must-read for superhero and X-Men fans! Wonderful! Next on deck: Hexed by Michelle Krys!

Comments

Popular Posts