Fractured by Sarah Fine Review

Title: Fractured
Author: Sarah Fine
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Horror/Romance
Series: Guards of the Shadowlands, book two
Star Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book from the Kindle Unlimited Library and reviewed it.

Oh my God. My heart.My heart. I have been sitting here for a while, bawling my eyes out, pondering how to put this into words.

I am speechless, and this hasn't happened to me in a long time. This series is reminding me how much I love young adult fiction. And thank God that I don't have to wait for Chaos, because otherwise, I would be absolutely livid.

Where to start with this? I don't even know where to begin. Picking up where Sanctum left off, Lela is now Captain of the Guard. And the evil Mazikin have escaped the dark city and come to Rhode Island. As if she didn't have enough problems. Caught between her love for her fellow Guard, Malachi, and trying to protect her human friends, what's a girl to do? And how much can one person sacrifice for her loved ones?

I'll start off with the things I liked: Lela. Lela Santos has got to be one of my favorite heroines of all time. And she gets better with every book. I love her character development, and I love her nonstop ability to kick a hell of a lot of ass. But I also love her vulnerability, and her fear: She is, essentially, human, and humans err and make mistakes, but they can also be heroes, and Lela fits that perfectly. I love her!

And then there's Malachi: dreamy, sexy Malachi, who had me swooning completely at times throughout Sanctum and Fractured. I liked him as a character a lot, because he too was deeply nuanced and flawed--sometimes to the point where I was about to throw my Fire at the wall. I also deeply enjoyed their relationship.

The new characters, as well, Jim and Henry, ended up in a soft place somewhere deep in my heart. I loved them, wholly and completely. Sarah Fine has an almost otherworldly talent for making amazing characters. I'm applauding silently in my head while simultaneously screaming. I loved the fight scenes as well. I love an author that can pull off an amazing fight scene.

Now with the bad: The reason I'm so nervous to start a series is for the book in the middle, and this book unfortunately just had the predictability that a second book has--I won't say specifics for spoiler reasons! I was really frustrated for a good amount of the book, and the ending..

Well, my God. I'm so nervous and excited and scared for the last book, but I might wait a few hours before starting it, just for my heart's sake. Next on deck: Chaos by Sarah Fine!

Comments

Popular Posts