The White Rose by Amy Ewing Review

Title: The White Rose
Author: Amy Ewing
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Dystopian Fiction
Series: The Lone City, book two
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.






This is going to sound a little bit off topic, especially for a book I feel so strongly about, but, I really love my library. I go to that place almost every day. And that's how I found out about this series. I love dystopian novels, even though nowadays you see them all the time. (though I'll never forgive Veronica Roth for that horrible ending..) and my librarian, after reading it with her daughter, ordered a copy for me so I could read it.

And as I've said before, sequels are scary for me, especially when I particularly enjoyed the book preceding it. But I'm so happy to say that The White Rose didn't let me down in the slightest! With just as much oomph of The Jewel, The White Rose completely captivated me from start to finish, and as someone who waited for this sequel with bated breath.. Well, Amy Ewing did a fantastic job. I can't wait for the final book in this powerful, thought-provoking trilogy!

This book begins only moments after The Jewel ends. I don't want to give too much away and spoil it all, but I'll say that Violet and the characters from it don't disappoint, as well as new ones with compelling histories and memorable personalities. The pacing was completely breakneck; I couldn't put it down. (In fact, so I could enjoy it more, I made myself deliberately stop. Lol.) And that ending! The ending was even more explosive than the first one! Please don't tell me I have to wait another year for the third one! What am I supposed to do before then?

In all seriousness, though: I need the third book, and will be waiting with extreme anticipation and impatience for the next installment! Wonderful! The bottom line: The thought-provoking and satisfying sequel to the bestseller The Jewel, The White Rose was absolutely fantastic! Next on deck: Ghostly by Audrey Niffenegger!

*The photo used above was from Amazon--it is not mine and I do not claim credit for it, but used it as rather as I would've used a gif.

Comments

Popular Posts