Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater Review

Title: Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Raven Cycle, book three
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this from my local library and reviewed it.

Yes! YES! This is what I'm talking about, now we're cooking with gas! God, Maggie Stiefvater. Why didn't I give you a chance earlier? I worship at your feet woman! I'm dying from all the FEELS! God, someone kill me. I'm so scared for The Raven King. Someone want to come hold me while I finish the series? 'Cuz I am freaking out here. FREAKING OUT. Okay, so, in all seriousness, guys: Blue Lily, Lily Blue knocked it out of the park. This book is probably my favorite of the whole series now. If I wasn't invested before, now I am, people. It's been such a long time since I've felt this intensely about a book series.

Blue Lily, Lily Blue picks up where The Dream Thieves left off, swiveling the reader from inside Ronan's head and back onto the main focus of the entire series: The epic, all-consuming quest for Glendower. This book pulls absolutely no punches--Stiefvater grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go, not until the final page. (And trust me, if I didn't have The Raven King waiting for me on my table right now, I would be screaming. And or ripping my hair out in panic...)

I won't mince words here: I loved it. Every dark, freaky, magical, emotional moment. And Stiefvater more than delivers: magic, secrets, dark twists and turns, and more than enough humor to keep me laughing out loud through the whole of the novel--even during the darker, more somber parts. God, I loved it so much that I devoured more than half of the book the day I started it, and I literally had to force myself to close it, to save some of it for later so it wouldn't be over so quickly. (Don't you love it when a book does that to you? Me too!) I don't want to say much about the plot; I don't want to give it away for the people out there who haven't read it. All I know is that Stiefvater's magical prose has seduced me entirely, and I am wholly and unapologetically under the spell that The Raven Cycle has cast over hundreds, if not millions, of readers! I can't wait for The Raven King! The bottom line: The third book in the bestselling, blockbuster Raven Cycle, Blue Lily, Lily Blue is one of my favorite books ever! Absolutely stunning! (If you haven't read it yet, just do it. As soon as you can!) Next on deck: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater!

Comments

Popular Posts