A Torch Against the Night by Sabba Tahir Review

Title: A Torch Against the Night
Author: Sabba Tahir
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: An Ember in the Ashes, book two
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

Sabaa Tahir, once more, you have completely ruined my life.

I don't want to give any spoilers! I dread doing that, and risk ruining someone else's reading experience. But I will say this: A Torch Against the Night does complete and utter justice to its predecessor, and it completely blew my mind. Sequels often make me nervous, especially for a book that I really enjoyed, because I'll often be disappointed. But I had nothing to worry about here. You are thrust immediately into Elias and Laia's world once again, and the pacing is so breakneck that it grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go. It was so, so good! It had everything I wanted in a sequel and more. The only problem is, the third book doesn't come out until 2018. (Cue me sitting in a corner in the fetal position, weeping pathetically.)

A Torch Against the Night picks up where the last book left off, with Laia and Elias heading for the dreaded Kauf Prison, in hopes of freeing Laia's older brother, Darin. And that's all I'm going to say about the plot, because as I said previously, I don't want to give anything away. But rest assured that if you choose to read this, you will not be disappointed! Breakneck pacing, gorgeous, beautiful prose, twists and turns at every chapter, characters old and new, and so much character development! Easily one of my favorite books of 2016! I demand a sequel! Next on deck: Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi!

Comments

Popular Posts