City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare Review

Title: City of Heavenly Fire
Author: Cassandra Clare
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Mortal Instruments, book six
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The final and sixth novel in the explosive bestselling series, City of Heavenly Fire is everything a series finale should be--amazing, simply amazing! A story that will stay with me forever!

Clary, Jace, Simon and the gang have returned: This time, with a threat so big they may not even be able to defeat it. With Clary's wicked brother on the move, they realize that help may be too far away, or too late..

What I enjoyed:
-The pacing of this novel, even for Cassandra Clare, was amazing--I couldn't put it down and when I had to, I wasn't too happy about it--it was breakneck and the constant twists and turns had me screaming, crying, or both
-I loved the way that this novel explained everything--no question was unanswered and I was feeling satisfied
-Clary, Jace, Simon, Alec, and Isabelle, and Clare's unique way of fleshing out every character--she did this especially well with Sebastian, Clary, and Jace
-The way the gang had to go into an unexpected quarter, multiple times, to defeat Sebastian
 -Maia, Jordan, and Lily
-Emma and Julian--I can't wait to see more of these two feisty Shadowhunters in The Dark Artifices next year!
-The rest of the Blackthorn children, Ty and Helen in particular
-Magnus
-I loved the way I couldn't guess anything that I was happening--I was practically having cardiac arrest at some parts
-Sebastian--he was perfect, frightening, and yet undeniably in ways human and sympathetic throughout the novel
-I loved the ending and the way it wrapped everything up so neatly--I'm just so sad it's over!

What could've been better:
-The only thing I'm sad about is that this saga is over--I'm heartbroken! Everything else was absolutely top-notch, done with signature flair!


I loved, loved, loved City of Heavenly Fire! A favorite series of all time! Brava! Next on deck: Some Fine Day by Kat Ross!

Comments

Popular Posts