Runaways by Brian K. Vaughn Review


Title: Runaways: The Complete Edition
Authors: Brian K. Vaughn, Adrian Alphona, et. Al
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Graphic Novel
Series: Runaways, books 1-18
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

                I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

                Okay, so, the reason I was curious about the comics was because of the TV show on Hulu; I started watching it a while ago, and I wanted to read the source material. I just finished it this morning upon waking up, and let me just say, whoa. The adaptation was definitely different, but I enjoyed the first set of comics nonetheless! This darkly funny and surprising series asks a serious question: Every group of teenagers thinks that their parents are evil incarnate. But what if your parents actually were? When a group of children discovers that their parents are murdering supervillains, they run away, furious that they’ve been lied to all their lives. I’m a sucker for good characterization, especially with young adults. The art is gorgeous, sharp, and colorful; I’m looking forward to more from this series! Next on deck: Supernova by Marissa Meyer!

Comments

Popular Posts