P.S., I Still Love You by Jenny Han Review


Title: P.S., I Still Love You
Author: Jenny Han
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Fiction/Romance
Series: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

                I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

                I desperately needed something light after finishing Long Bright River, and so I pushed P.S., I Still Love You to the top of my stack. I’ve been eager to catch up with the Song Covey girls since I finished To All the Boys, and I wanted an excuse to watch the sequel movie! I dove in immediately, and almost right away, I knew what was going on. P.S., I Still Love You picks up where To All the Boys left off: with Lara Jean and Peter, at long last, have become a real couple. But it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. After a risqué video surfaces of LJ and Peter online, she finds one of the most treasured moments of her life being dissected and torn apart by her classmates. Despite being fully in love with Peter K, she’s thrown for a loop once again when an old flame’s letter shows up in the mail. Lara Jean must decide, again, whether to follow her heart, wherever it may lead, even if it means disappointing the boy she loves most.

                I really, really liked this book! Sequels tend to make me nervous, as all too often, they don’t live up to the hype. But I had nothing to worry about here. Even though it’s been a few months since I’ve read To All the Boys, P.S., I Still Love You, I had no trouble remembering where things had left off. I was instantly charmed by Lara Jean’s hilarious and sweet narration. The pacing was nice; after Long Bright River, I devoured this book in a day and a half. I loved the Coveys, their whole family; I especially loved the way that their father was at the forefront of this novel! And of course, one of my favorite parts of this was the way it shone the spotlight on Lara Jean and her hilarious sisters. And oh, my gosh! The romance and drama in this book were practically killer! I was dying over it. And the oh, so sweet surprise of John Ambrose McClaren! The only part I didn’t like was the whole thing with Peter. Throughout this whole book, he was a complete jerk to LJ! I was a Peter K. fan, but now I’m leaning toward JAM. But I guess we’ll see what happens for our young lovers in Always and Forever, Lara Jean. I’m so excited, I can’t wait! The bottom line: Hilarious, heartbreaking, romantic and painful, I loved P.S., I Still Love You! Next on deck: Serpent and Dove by Shelby Maruhin!

Comments

Popular Posts