A Tempest of Tea by Hafsah Faizal Review

 Title: A Tempest of Tea

Author: Hafsah Faizal


Age Group: Teen/Young Adult


Genre: Fantasy


Series: Blood and Tea, book one


Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars


I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.


On the dangerous and seductive streets of White Roaring, Arthie Casimir is a criminal mastermind who deals in secrets. Her teahouse, Spindrift, becomes a vampire haven at night. When the Spindrift is threatened with closure, she must call on the outcasts and misfits to help her, as well as an ally that she never expected. Deciding to break into the Athereum, the local vampire society, she must rely on all of her wits in order to pull off the most daring heist she’s ever attempted. When she uncovers a deadly conspiracy that threatens the very fabric of her world, Arthie must decide what she is willing to sacrifice for her own family, or risk giving up everything…


This is the first book I’ve ever read by Hafsah Faizal, and I can promise you all, it will not be my last! I was captivated by this gorgeous, dark book by the first line, and the pacing was absolutely breakneck. It helped a lot that the chapters were only a few pages long; even reading other books at the same time, I flew through this one! I also adored the multiple points of view, it’s one of my favorite things in a book when it is done correctly. But what really sold this book for me wasn’t even the heist, or the setting, or the shocking twists. For me, this book was sold entirely by its characters: mysterious, steely Arthie, charming, witty Jin, Flick, the sheltered girl who finds that her charmed life isn’t all it seems, Matteo, the vampire with more than one secret and a deadly smile, and finally, Laith, The Horned Guard with as many secrets as Arthie. I loved every tense, gorgeous minute of this book; it’s going to be so hard to be patient for Steeped in Blood! I can’t wait to read more from Hafsah Faizal; I think I have a new favorite author!

Comments

Popular Posts