Under The Desert Moon by Emma Meade Review (spoiler alert!)

Title: Under the Desert Moon
Author: Emma Meade
Age Group: Teen
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Star Rating: 4 out of 5
The bottom line: I would definitely recommend this to others.

I promised you all I would be getting a review up here soon, and it's my first one ever on this blog. I won this book on Goodreads, and here is my review. You guys should check out both the site and the novel--both were and are wonderful.

** spoiler alert ** Under The Desert Moon by Emma Meade is a vampire novel I won as an advanced reader's copy here on Goodreads. I really, really enjoyed it. It started out a little slow, but in the end it was an enchanting read that will appeal to readers of supernatural novels, and readers who enjoyed the Twilight novels by Stephenie Meyer, or the Vampire Kisses series. (It was made even better that the novel was signed and I got a special message! Thank you, Emma!)

The things I loved about the novel:
-Erin, the headstrong, incredibly brave heroine, and her desire to get out of confining Copperfield and make her own life
-James, who despite his own monstrous nature, falls for Erin, loving her even though he is a killer and has no choice but to feed his bloodlust, or die
-Carla, the wicked villain who comes into the later part of the novel, through a connection of James's, evil and consumed by the desire to destroy James for not loving her, despite her creating him, giving him the 'gift of life' thirty years prior
-Nick, Erin's protective older brother who does everything he can to protect Erin from love's sometimes destructive force, and eventually falls in love himself

What I didn't like about the book:
-Erin's drunk father
-Tom, the director and who later dies for nearly outing James
-Lyndsey and Nancy
-most of the townspeople
-Zach and how messed up he is, and no explanation behind it-I wonder if Emma plans to enlighten us on that point?

Overall, I am happy with the novel and I am so, so happy I won it. More, more, more please! Thank you, Emma, and Goodreads! I had so much fun in sleepy, dusty Copperfield!

Comments

  1. Thanks for this lovely review & I'm glad you enjoyed it. Emma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, thank YOU for writing the lovely book!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts