Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough Review

Title: Behind Her Eyes
Author: Sarah Pinborough
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Series: Standalone
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book through my local library and reviewed it.

This book was kind of a recommendation mixed with an impulsive library pick. I'd heard about it through several articles, some lauding it as the most explosive thriller of the new year. When I was walking by a display table, the dark blue cover with its roving, dark eye caught my eye and immediately made me stop in my tracks. I put it right on top of the library stack, as this is a popular book and I didn't get to have any renewals on it. I'm so glad that I borrowed this book, because it's one that will haunt me, probably for the rest of my life.

Thrillers and mysteries have always been a huge point of contention for me. Half the time, it feels like I'm guessing what's going to happen within the first twenty pages of the book. And other times, like this one, a book grabs me by the throat and refuses to let go, relentless, until I read the final page. If you're looking for a powerful, dark mystery with a love triangle at its center and more than a couple of shocking twists, you need to run to your library, or your bookstore, right now, and clear your schedule until you're finished. Because, I guarantee you, that once you start Behind Her Eyes, you won't be able to put it down until the ending that had my jaw on the floor!

There are three key players to the nail-biting, spine-tingling thriller that is Behind Her Eyes: David, a handsome and charismatic psychiatrist, his beautiful, troubled wife, Adele, and finally, his secretary, Louise. When Louise and David meet by chance at a bar, Louise is certain that she's found something that feels a little like love; even if the man she has her eye on happens to be married already. But things get even more complicated when David's lovely wife, Adele, reaches out to Louise, longing for friendship. None of the parties involved realize that the secrets they're hiding could not only be potentially damaging, but deadly. As the tension ratchets up and the book goes on, you won't know who to trust, or to believe, until the last page, with its final, jaw-dropping twist.

I really loved this book; it's easily one of my favorites of the new year. Pinborough has penned another success, for me, her first, and I can't wait to see what's next from her! I was constantly guessing, my brain whirring even when I wasn't reading the book, and I was still so shocked! That ending though, gah! What am I supposed to do with my life now?! I'll never recover! The bottom line: A dark, tense thriller that showcases a modern love triangle, Behind Her Eyes satisfies in every way--I can't wait for more from this promising British author, one of my favorite books of 2017! Next on deck: Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult!

Comments

Popular Posts