Finale by Stephanie Garber Review


Title: Finale
Author: Stephanie Garber
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Caraval, book three
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

                I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

                The Caraval series has been one of my favorites of recent years, and when I put a hold on it, I was pleasantly surprised to realize that I had received my local library’s first copy. It’s been sitting in my library stack for a while, and if I’m being completely honest, I was putting it off because I just didn’t want it to be over! But Finale more than exceeded my expectations, and though I’m sad that it’s all done, it didn’t disappoint at all. Full of romance, aching tension, twists, turns, magic, and surprises, I loved Finale! I will never forget the Dragna sisters, and their dangerous, magical journey!

                Finale picks up where Legendary left off, with Tella and Scarlett racing against the clock to undo a terrible mistake. But in order to do so, they must ally with the most unexpected persons. With the destruction of their entire world imminent, the sisters must use every bit of their wits and cunning in order to save the people they love and each other. But forces out of their control are rising against them, and getting stronger every day. Will our heroines make it out of this quest alive?

                I won’t say too much about the plot; I don’t want to give it away for those who haven’t read it yet. But I will say that my sequel anxiety was unfounded entirely. It took a little bit for me to remember what was going on, but once I did, Finale grabbed me by the throat and didn’t let go until the final page. The pacing was breakneck and I read it in a day and a half. The twists and turns throughout the book practically gave me whiplash, and I was in turns gasping, crying, laughing, and nearly pulling my hair out. I was constantly thinking about it, even when I had to step away. I adored all of the characters, but Scarlett and Tella stole the show, and I loved them. And that ending! It made it all worth it. I loved the Caraval series so much, and I will never forget it. Finale was incredible, and I loved every single moment; I’m just so sad that it’s over now. The bottom line: Lush, seductive, and dark in the best kind of way, I loved Finale! I will never forget the Dragna sisters! Next on deck: With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo!

Comments

Popular Posts