The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver Review

Title: The Demon Trapper's Daughter
Author: Jana Oliver
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Demon Trappers, book one
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Though a little slow at spots, The Demon Trapper's Daughter is a fun, rollicking thrill ride through a twisted world where demons run amok--and its main character, Riley, is one of my favorite female protagonists ever!

Riley Blackthorne, at seventeen, wants nothing more in this world than to be like her father, Paul Blackthorne: a demon trapper. Though she is sometimes discriminated against, Riley loves her job and being able to work beside her father. On a seemingly routine gig, events roll into motion that make Riley realize that she is in deep trouble, and tragedy strikes.

What I enjoyed:
-Riley--I loved her; she is such a badass and she isn't afraid to be herself
-Riley's dad, Paul, a loving father mixed up in a dangerous profession
-Beck, Paul's partner, well-meaning but overbearing at times
-Simon
-The mythology of the whole book--I was wanting to be a Trapper right beside Riley the entire time
-The promise of a sequel--I'm so excited for the next one
-The mostly fast pacing--at points I couldn't put it down!
-The secrets of it all-I want more. Now.

What I didn't enjoy:
-the narrative seemed to hiccup at points

I loved this book. Anyone who loves an action novel with a cool heroine would love this, I'm certain of it, as well as fans of the Mortal Instruments or Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

Comments

Popular Posts