Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas Review

Title: Throne of Glass
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Throne of Glass, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: An intriguing, thrilling fantasy ride, Throne of Glass is perfect for any girl looking for a strong heroine.

Caelena Sardothien is an assassin in prison, locked up for crimes against the empire; suddenly, she is pulled out of prison, only to be asked to participate in the opportunity of a lifetime: defeat twenty-three other criminals like herself, become the King's Champion, serve as his weapon for four years, and earn her freedom. Along the way, Caelena finds love, friendship, deceit, desire, leading to the book's explosive conclusion.

What I enjoyed:
-Caelena, and her badass attitude--even though at times I found her very rude, I was rooting for her all the way
-Dorian, the Crown Prince
-Chaol, Captain of the Guard
-the endless surprises in the novel
-the way almost every character, no matter how minor, tied together as the book went on
-the mythology of the world
-the villain
-Nehemia
-Caelena's commitment to survival, no matter the cost

What I didn't like:
There pretty much was nothing I disliked about this book! In my opinion, this book was a knockout. Anyone who loves fantasy will be duly impressed by this--I guarantee it. I couldn't put it down, and finished it in two sittings!

Comments

Popular Posts