Splintered by A.G. Howard Review

Title: Splintered
Author: A.G. Howard
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Splintered, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: A beautiful, magical retelling of Alice in Wonderland, I loved Splintered so much I started it over three times so I could read it from the beginning--one of my very favorites of 2013.

Alyssa Gardner is very strange: she can understand and speak to plants and insects. And it gets weirder, believe it or not--all the women from generations before have gone mad from this. Alyssa discovers that she and her female descendants might not be so crazy after all, and realizes that she must unlock the secret of her family before time runs out.

What I enjoyed:
-The purple text--that was so cool!
-The flowing prose
-The pacing of the novel--it flew
-Morpheus, and his wily seduction--all to hide a tender heart
-Jeb, and his conviction to protect Alyssa to the death
-Alyssa, and the way she slowly grows into her own skin
-The creative, fun spin on a classic--I was hanging on the edge of my seat and I loved it
-Alison
-The magical world that drew me in from the first page

What I didn't enjoy:
-Gossamer and her sprites
-Taelor

I loved Splintered and cannot wait for Unhinged! This is one of my favorites of 2013--beautiful. Check it out, guys! Next on deck: The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress!

Comments

Popular Posts