Truthwitch by Susan Dennard Review

Title: Truthwitch
Author: Susan Dennard
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: High Fantasy
Series: Witchlands, book one
Star Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

DNF at 105 pages. I was so excited about this book--I've literally been raring to get my hands on this one since before it came out--but unfortunately, this novel, my first by Dennard, suffered from some serious overhype. It just didn't hold my attention. I was expecting so much, but unfortunately, I couldn't keep my attention on the narrative long enough to actually be interested in the story. I'm so sad about this--my very first DNF of 2016. The bottom line: I had high hopes for this novel--I've been wanting to read it since before it came out--but it just didn't hold my interest and really suffered from some serious overhype. Next on deck: Passenger by Alexandra Bracken!

Comments

Popular Posts