Front Lines by Michael Grant Review

Title: Front Lines
Author: Michael Grant
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Historical Fiction
Series: Solider Girl, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

I bought Gone for myself as a Christmas present a few years back, and I haven't yet finished the series. But that was my introduction to Michael Grant's work, and I've been looking forward to Front Lines ever since. I'm pretty much a die-hard fan now, with Front Lines winning my heart entirely. I loved this book--it was wonderful. It was dark and frightening, heartbreaking and relevant--every single one of these characters has carved a place into my heart, and I'm so happy there's going to be a sequel!

Front Lines reimagines World War II in an amazing way--in this narrative, women fight right alongside men in one of the most brutal wars in not just America's history, but the world's. It was amazing--it really opened my eyes to familiar history, in a brand new way. This book was so dark, and scary, and sad, but I love it all the more for its relevance. It was a depiction of war that I could fully understand, and it made my heart break and heal all at once--the horrors of war, and how it can also bring soldiers together. I couldn't help but admire that.

The characters, though, were what really made this book so unforgettable. Almost every character forced their way into my heart, and I loved them completely. They were all so real. This book--it seemed to burrow into my soul, and I won't be forgetting it anytime soon! I'm so, so happy that there's a sequel! I can't wait for more from the Soldier Girl series! The bottom line: A riveting, meticulously researched historical novel that imagines World War II in a brand new light, I loved Front Lines! One of my favorite books of 2016!

Comments

Popular Posts