My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry Review

Title: My Husband's Wife
Author: Jane Corry
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Series: Standalone
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book through my local library and reviewed it.

I read an article about this book, hailed as the newest thriller of the year, and ordered it from the library, my curiosity piqued. I've learned recently that winter is the best season ever to read books like this one; the ones that will have you staring out into the night, pondering dark things, jumping at loud noises, huddling under warm blankets, keeping the lights on when dusk falls. My Husband's Wife more than fits that bill. It is a spine-tingling mystery, one that puts domestic bliss, and what defines it, into the spotlight. It thrusts marriage into the limelight, and all the commitments, and often secrets, that come with it. It was positively chilling.

Lily Macdonald is happy with her new husband, romantic and sensitive artist, Ed. at least on the surface. They love each other, and the neighbor next door, little Carla, comes into their orbit. But what none of them realize is that everyone has their own secrets, some willing to kill to hide. When Lily takes on a case that involves a man falsely accused of murdering his girlfriend, she is strangely drawn to him. As they all inexplicably come intertwined, Lily discovers that the darkest shadows may lay closest to home...

This book was unlike anything I've ever read. It is a chilling, dark mystery with more than a little gore, domestic riddles, and raises the vital question: Do we really know the people we love? Can we? My Husband's Wife was a cat and mouse game, an explosive triangle bound between three people: Lily, Ed, and Carla, who worms her way back into the Macdonalds' lives, seeking revenge. The pacing was breakneck, and my mind was constantly racing, wondering who had done what, and how everything came together. Normally, mysteries are hit and miss, but this book was so twisty, fascinating, and scary. And I loved every crazy, unpredictable moment. I hope that Jane Corry has more planned for the U.S., because this book is one of my favorites of 2017! The bottom line: A chilling and fascinating thriller, My Husband's Wife was a great start of 2017! I hope there's more in the U.S. of the promising Jane Corry!

Comments

Popular Posts