My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci Review

 Title: My Life Through Food: A Memoir

Author: Stanley Tucci


Age Group: Adult


Genre: Memoir


Series: Standalone


Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars


I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.


Trigger Warnings: Parental death, cancer. If either of these topics trigger you, I would recommend not reading this book. Your mental health always matters!


Stanley Tucci has always been one of my favorite actors, so, when I heard that he would be publishing a memoir in the summer, I ordered it from my local library at once. It had been sitting on the top of my library stack, so, as soon as I was finished with Elektra, I dove in. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but this memoir was entertaining, funny, and honest, and the descriptions of all the food involved made my mouth water! Anecdotes from his personal life, including the death of his first wife from cancer, stories from the sets of the movies he’s worked on, and his extensive travels; I was absolutely captivated, and I finished this memoir in less than a week. I can only hope there’s more in the works for Mr. Tucci because this book is definitely one of my favorites I’ve read in 2022!


I’ve always expected that Stanley Tucci has led a full, exciting life, and this memoir proved me right. From his birth into a boisterous, loving Italian family to his scant years in New York as an up-and-coming actor to becoming a household name, this book chronicles the many meals that Tucci has had in his life, over his travels across the States and Europe. But more than that, he provides a picture of how much he loves his family, his wives, and his children. I was laughing or crying as I read through the book. He writes of his past, of the love and care he received from his family before making his way into the real world. Living in New York, and the meals he had while living there; he describes it all in warm, beautiful detail. Honestly, it felt like he was sitting in my living room, telling me stories of his life. I could almost hear his voice as I read. This book was so detailed, so full of life even while Tucci feared he might die of cancer. I loved every moment of this lovely memoir, even the especially painful moments. Lush with detail, lovingly rendered, and unflinchingly honest, I absolutely adored My Life Through Food! Definitely a book I’d love to add to my personal collection! The bottom line: Delicious, full of detail, and told with grace and honesty, I loved it so much! Next on deck: This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron!

Comments

Popular Posts