The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan Review

Title: The Demon's Covenant
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Demon's Lexicon, book two
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Every bit as lovely and heartbreaking as the first book, The Demon's Covenant had me screaming, crying, and tore me apart--and I loved every bit of the tempestuous journey!

Nick and Alan are back--and in a bind neither of them are sure they'll get out of it whole. In a frightening world of demons, magicians, and magic, both brothers must struggle to hold on to each other--and Mae and Jamie are unlucky enough to be caught up in the mess, too. Amidst secrets, a struggle for power, and trying to find themselves, this little family of misfits must think fast.. Or this time they could be in real trouble.

What I enjoyed:
-the pacing of the novel--I couldn't put it down
-The way Mae and Jamie get a bigger role in the novel and the series itself
-The love triangle between Mae, Nick, and Alan
-Mae and Jamie
-Seb
-The deeper understanding of the world they all live in
-The action of the novel
-The struggle for power throughout the whole novel
-Daniel Ryves's journal entries
-The lovely prose
-The deeper exploration of Nick and Alan's complex relationship
-Liannan and Anzu
-Sin, and Mae's deeper delving into the Goblin Market
-The bittersweet ending

What I didn't enjoy:
-At times I was rolling my eyes at Mae's constant indecision

I loved The Demon's Covenant--I love the whole series period! Wonderful! Next on deck: The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan!

Comments

Popular Posts