Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay Review

Title: Juliet Immortal
Author: Stacey Jay
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: Juliet Immortal, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: A dark, romantic, supernatural spin on Romeo and Juliet, Juliet Immortal tells the real story of the doomed lovers--with tenderness, romance, and with great skill--this book is one of my favorites of all time, and I can't wait for Romeo Redeemed!

Romeo and Juliet didn't really die as star-crossed lovers. Romeo sacrificed his young bride for the promise of eternal life, and Juliet is an Ambassador of Light--a soul recruited to keep true love alive. Juliet has been sent on yet another job: protect a pair of soulmates from Romeo's wicked lies, and go back to living in the mist. This time, though, it is Juliet who falls in love, and discovers that while she may have been wronged in the past, it is still all right to forgive yourself, and it is still all right to love, even when you've been burned by it.

What I enjoyed:
-the magnetic, beautiful, flowing prose that drew me in from the first sentence
-The flawed, beautiful character of Juliet, who had me bawling the entire time I was reading
-Romeo, the deliciously scary villain of the novel who even interjected with his own narration at times
-The mythology of the novel (i.e., Ambassadors of Light and the Mercenaries)
-Ariel
-Ben
-Gemma
-The way I couldn't put it down
-The heartbreaking romance
-The action
-The promise of a sequel--I can't wait for it!
-The delicious, dark twisted on an always timeless story that I've always enjoyed

I loved Juliet Immortal--anyone looking for a good spin on an old tale, a heartbreaking, melting romance should pick it up--beautiful! Next on deck: In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters!

Comments

Popular Posts