A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas Review

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

I don't even know how and when to go about this review. I've literally just been sitting here, in complete shock, my emotions roiling like the ocean in the middle of a storm. I don't even know what to say, except for Sarah J. Maas, what in the world have you done to me?! I can't do this! I can't wait until May of next year! My soul and internal organs have officially been crushed into a million pieces. I. Can't. Do. This. I'm almost halfway into having a major freakout... Okay, for real this time, on to the review.

I don't want to say too much about the plot, as it is a sequel and I don't want to spoil anything for my readers who haven't read the first one and this one yet. But I will say that on the whole, sequels make me so anxious. I can't even begin to tell you all how many times I was excited for a sequel to a series debut, only to read it and be entirely let down. (It's a serious issue, I'm telling you. So much anxiety!) But Maas delivers, in every possible way. Continuity? Check. Angst? Check. Tension? Triple check, to the tenth millionth power. Maas hit almost a complete homerun with A Court of Mist and Fury, and I loved every minute of it. Every emotional, gasping moment, frantically flipping pages...

Like I said, I don't want to give anything away--I would hate to spoil this book for anyone. But just go read it. Read the first one, then have A Court of Mist and Fury sitting at the ready when you're done. Lock your doors, turn off your phones, and clear a few days. I promise you, you won't regret it. The bottom line: A meaty, satisfying sequel to the runaway romance A Court of Thorns and Roses, A Court of Mist and Fury more than delivers--one of my favorite series, and books, of 2016! Next on deck: You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott!

Comments

Popular Posts