Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo Review

Title: Crooked Kingdom
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Six of Crows, book two
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.

What can I say? This book is one that I've been looking forward to all year, and waiting for impatiently ever since I put a hold on it at the library. I've been religiously avoidiing most social media outlets, because I hate spoilers and I definitely didn't want this spoiled for me. Any of it. And I succeeded! This book--it is one of my favorite books of the fall, if not the year. Holy crap. You all know that sequels make me terribly leery, because they have so much potential and sometimes they can just fizzle out. But I had nothing to worry about with Crooked Kingdom--it was everything I wanted and more.

In other words, there better be a sequel, or I'm going to cry until I'm dead. (Seriously, Leigh! Don't do this to me, I can't take it!)

Crooked Kingdom picks up where Six of Crows ended, with our ragtag gang of adorable misfits just barely able to pull off the job in the Ice Court. Bloodied and bruised and reeling from the aftermath, Kaz and the others take on an even more precarious job--one that could tip the scales forever in their favor, should they play their cards right. But some things can't be foresaw, and some of their beloved crew might not make it out of this one alive...

This sequel was wonderful, it really had everything. I'm going to be vague on purpose, just in case there are some people that haven't yet read it. The bottom line: There was action, romance, all the hilarious banter I could've hoped for, magic and mayhem and twists and thrills with every page. There was also lots of character growth and backstory--this sequel was honestly nothing less than perfect! I loved it so much--the only flaw I can truly think of was that it was too short. I hope that there is more to the world of the Dregs, because I don't want it to be over! Next on deck: The Perfect Girl by Gilly Macmillan!

Comments

Popular Posts