Illuminate by Aimee Agresti Review

Title: Illuminate
Author: Aimee Agresti
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Gilded Wings, book one
Star Rating: 4 out 5 stars
The bottom line: A thrilling tale of good, evil, and being yourself, I loved, loved, loved Illuminate--I couldn't tear myself away from it!

Haven Terra is selected for a prestigious internship at Chicago's luxe Lexington hotel. Once there, she is swept into a world she has never known: she is pursued by a hot guy, Lucian Grove, gets showered in expensive clothes and jewelry, and is charged with learning from one of the city's most powerful women: Aurelia Brown. But soon strange things start happening to her, and she begins to notice there's something.. off about the place.

What I enjoyed:
-Haven, and her unwavering commitment to being herself, despite being tempted
-Lucian
-Lance
-Dante--he was one of my favorite characters in the book
-Aurelia and her cohorts
-The choice Haven has to make
-The setting of the novel
-The pacing
-Haven's mom, Joan

There was honestly nothing I didn't enjoy about this book! I didn't want to give much away. But if you guys love books with a slightly paranormal twist, go grab Illuminate! Totally worth it, and I cannot wait until Infatuate. Next on deck: The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen!

Comments

Popular Posts