This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills Review

Title: This Adventure Ends
Author: Emma Mills
Age Group:Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Series: N/A, standalone
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book through my local library and reviewed it.

This book has been sitting in my library stack for a while now; I was intrigued by the plot and fell in love with the front color--so much color! Stars! I was swooning. I finally got to it, and I'm so happy that I didn't take it back before reading it! This book was so exquisite, surprising, and lovely--a truly unique and heartfelt tale of new friendship, the highs and lows of first love, and the love that comes from family, whether it be the ones you were born with, or the ones you choose. It really touched my heart--I loved it so much!

Sloane is a natural loner with not many friends, so when her parents decide to move down to Florida, she embraces the change, hoping that life will be different for her, even though she is wholly uncertain about the future, as any of us, young or old, are often wont to do. She meets a compelling group of people who become her friends: the bright, vivacious Vera, and her brooding twin brother, Gabe, shy, sweet Remy, standoffish Aubrey, and Frank Sanger, a force of nature unto himself. Sloane discovers that love can come from all sorts of places, and that even ones closest to you can hurt you the most...

I really loved this book. Simply put, I fell in love with Sloane and her friends. It felt like I found a family instead of this little book's pages, and for that alone it will remain in my heart forever. I cried and laughed and felt with these characters, and it was such a great experience. The prose was lush and beautiful, tender and funny. I fell in love with Sloane's narrative voice, and it was all so bittersweet. A wonderful novel, and I will definitely be looking forward to what Mills has to offer! The bottom line: A contemporary novel highly reccomended for fans of Sarah Dessen and Deb Caletti, This Adventure Ends is one of my favorites of 2016! Absolutely amazing! Next on deck: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy!

Comments

Popular Posts