Wicked Beauty by Katee Robert Review

 Title: Wicked Beauty

Author: Katee Robert


Age Group: Adult


Genre: Romance


Series: Dark Olympus, book three


Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars


I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.


Katee Robert won my heart with her first two books in the Dark Olympus series, so I just had to order the latest, Wicked Beauty. Lush with detail, decadent, and brutal, this might be my favorite of the three; I can’t wait for Radiant Sin! This book puts a modern, sexy spin on the myths of Helen of Troy, Achilles, and Patroclus; I loved it so much! Told from the point of view of Helen, Achilles, and Patroclus, this white-hot romance novel captivated me totally. I devoured it in less than a week; it was so good! I absolutely cannot wait for Radiant Sin!


Helen Kaisos has always been more than a pretty face, and she knows better than anyone how to navigate the dangerous political waters of Olympus. But when her brother, the new Zeus, announces a contest to determine who will be the new Ares, she sees her chance to determine her own destiny. Unfortunately for her, there are many others vying for the title, especially the legendary warrior who works for Athena, Achilles, and his partner and lover, Patroclus. The three trials slowly become more dangerous, and Helen realizes that her life is in danger. When the two men promise to protect her, the line between protection, friendship, and lust begins to blur. Helen wonders if she will escape the contest with her heart intact…


I really adored this book! I’ve always loved Greek mythology, and I loved the way Robert put a modern spin on them. The pacing was breakneck, and I loved the way the point of view shifted from Helen, Achilles, and Patroclus, and back again. I also adored all three characters, three different people, all with one goal in mind: to become the new Ares. The tension, sexual and otherwise, had me sweating on more than one occasion! I really loved this book and the way that this partnership turned to lust to love! And that ending! It couldn’t have been any more perfect! Easily my favorite in the Dark Olympus series! I can’t wait for Radiant Sin! The bottom line: Sexy, romantic, and atmospheric, I loved Wicked Beauty! Next on deck: Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia!


Comments

Popular Posts