This Wicked Fate by Kalynn Bayron Review

 Title: This Wicked Fate

 

Author: Kalynn Bayron


Age Group: Teen/Young Adult


Genre: Fantasy


Series: This Poison Heart, book two


Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars


I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.


TW: Murder, death, gore, parental loss, emotional and physical abuse. If any of these topics trigger you, I would suggest not reading this book. Your mental health always matters!


This Poison Heart was one of my favorite books this year, so, when I found the sequel browsing at one of my libraries, I snatched it up at once. As soon as I was finished with King of Scars, I started this, and I’m happy to report that this sequel did not disappoint! I loved it so much; this was the spin on Greek mythology that I’ve been waiting for my whole life! Full of secrets, surprises, and love in all of its forms, I loved This Wicked Fate! I can’t wait to read more of Bayron’s work!


Bri Greene is racing against the clock to save her mother from the Underworld, kept there by Hecate, the goddess of magic and witchcraft. Bri must team up with Marie, and newfound family members, crossing the globe to set things right. But more than one person, mortal and otherwise, doesn’t want her to reach her goal. Will Briseis be able to reunite her family and make it whole again? Or will she fail in her dangerous quest?


I really liked this book! It picked up right where This Poison Heart left off, and the pacing was breakneck. As it has been a while since I read the first book, it took a few chapters for the story to come back to me. Nonetheless, I loved this sequel! It brings back and introduces a variety of different characters, mortal and otherwise. This book was a thrilling, nail-biting adventure, and I devoured it in less than a week. And the ending! It made me so happy and sad at the same time! This Black Girl Magic spin on Greek mythology duo will forever be a favorite for me; I cannot wait to read more of Bayron’s work! The bottom line: Dark, funny, thrilling, and satisfying, I loved This Wicked Fate! Next on deck: Anatomy: A Love Story by Dana Schwartz!

Comments

Popular Posts