Forbidden by Syrie James and Ryan M. James Review

Title: Forbidden
Author: Syrie James and Ryan M. James
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: N/A (As far as I know--I want a sequel, but we'll see!)
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Romantic, sweet, and action-packed, I really enjoyed Forbidden--more please!

Claire Brennan is just an ordinary kid, living in L.A., wishing that the boy she liked would just notice her already, and wishing that the freaky visions she has would fade. Alec Mackenzie is a Watcher, part of an ancient order sent to eliminate Nepil--that is, the offspring of humans and angels. He is desperate for a normal life, on the run from his superiors. But once the two meet, they find themselves irresistibly drawn to one another, despite the consequences, no matter how horrific.

What I enjoyed:
-The narrative, in flowing prose, which goes back and forth between Alec and Claire
-Claire, and the way she grows into her character throughout the novel
-Alec, and the way his origin is explained throughout the story
-Alec and Claire's heart-melting romance
-The mythology of the novel, which totally made sense and wasn't too far-fetched
-Lynn
-Erica and Brian
-Neil
-Vincent
-Celeste, Javed, and Rico

What I didn't enjoy:
-At times Claire's whining had me rolling my eyes
-I wanted to know more about Claire's father (Fingers crossed for a sequel, guys!)

I really enjoyed Forbidden. Anyone looking for a fantasy or a sweet romance should grab it. Next on deck: The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges!

Comments

Popular Posts