Torment by Lauren Kate Review

Title: Torment
Author: Lauren Kate
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: Fallen, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The sequel to the smash hit Fallen, Torment make my heart ache and made me cry my eyes out--I can't wait for the sequel to come at the library!

Luce Price is stuck at the Shoreline school in California, after an epic battle at Sword and Cross. Lonely and yearning for her true love, she tries to lose herself in her studies. But she discovers that Daniel is hiding things, acting strange, and plagued by doubt, Luce wonders if Daniel has been lying to her all along, if she's meant to be with someone else.

What I enjoyed:
-The narrative that sucked me in right away--this series was worth continuing, I can't wait
-Luce and Daniel's expanding relationship that made me swoon
-The pacing of the novel--I couldn't put it down--the action kept me practically biting my nails!
-The way the lore was further explained in the novel
-The way the characters expanded, especially Luce and Daniel
-The cliffhanger ending--I can't wait for more!
-Steven and Francesca
-Shelby and Miles
-Roland, Arianne, and Cam, as well as several other characters from the first novel
-The Outcasts

What I didn't enjoy:
-Sometimes I felt myself wanting to strangle Luce and Daniel, with the way they acted

I really, really loved Torment--it was worth reading! If any of you are disappointed by the first novel, give it another chance, it gets better! Next on deck: Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater!

Comments

Popular Posts