Defiance by C.J. Redwine Review

Title: Defiance
Author: C.J. Redwine
Age Group: Teen./Young Adult
Genre: Dystopian Fiction
Series: Defiance, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Defiance is a chilling, breathtaking dystopian tale that sucked me in and wouldn't let me go until the final page: It is easily one of my favorite dystopian novels yet. More please!
Note: I could not finish Brides of Rockroll Island, and felt that it would be unfair to review it unfinished.

Rachel Adams is a girl living in the society of Baalboden, ruled by the arrogant Commander. In Baalboden, women are seen and not heard, the only power they have are through their male Protectors. But this is where Rachel is different. Her father, Jared, taught her to be a warrior. When he disappears on a mission for the Commander, Rachel steals out of the city to find him with her childhood friend, Logan McEntire.

What I enjoyed:
-the chilling world that Redwine creates, where women have no power and people can die at the change of mood in the Commander
-Rachel, a fierce, brave heroine who I loved throughout the novel
-Logan
-The Commander
-The Cursed One
-Rachel and Logan's journey into the Wasteland to find her father
-Slyph
-Eloise
-The shocking ending--I cannot wait for the sequel!

There was nothing I didn't love about this novel. I recommend it for fans of Matched by Ally Condie, and Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Next on deck: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare!

Comments

Popular Posts