The Collector by Victoria Scott Review

Title: The Collector
Author: Victoria Scott
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: Dante Walker, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The first book in a new series, I loved the trip into Dante's world, especially his journey from badass demon playboy to someone who's found a heart again. Despite being slightly predictable, I really enjoyed the novel.

Dante Walker is the ultimate badass: all good looks, seductive charm, and confidence to make Jeremy Piven look like a pussy in comparison--add all this to the fact that he's a demon. His next assignment seems like a cakewalk: collect Charlie Cooper's soul in ten days and get a ticket to walk earth forever. But Dante soon realizes that there is so much more to the girl than an assignment, and finds himself changing in dangerous ways.

What I enjoyed:
-Dante--even when he was making me cringe, I was laughing my head off, or wishing that he could collect me--his voice was so unique and amusing, even through his evolution
-Charlie, with her sweet innocence and purity and yet still falling for Dante
-Annabelle and Blue, Blue especially
-The mythology of the novel--though demon and angel stories are a dime a dozen these days, Scott breaks the mold with the new spin on it
-Grams
-Max
-Valery

What could've been better:
-The novel was slightly predictable
-The constant logo dropping

Overall, I really loved this novel--it was different and romantic without being overly sappy or sexual. I'd definitely recommend it for those looking for a confident protagonist and a new spin on demon and angel stories! I cannot wait for The Liberator in September! Next on deck: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini! (By the way, sorry it took me so long to get a review up--I have finals coming up, so I might be a little bit slower in the coming weeks. Thanks for your support, guys!)

Comments

Popular Posts