Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride Review

Title: Hold Me Closer, Necromancer
Author: Lish McBride
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Hold Me Closer, Necromancer, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: I loved, loved, loved this novel! It was hilarious, powerful, and full of action.

Samhain LaCroix has a problem: some creepy weird dude comes after him, spouting nonsense about registering with the Council and power that Sam has no idea he has. What makes this worse? This nonsense is actually true! With a week left to make a choice: side with Douglas or die, Sam is thrust into a supernatural world he had no idea existed, along the way meeting a beautiful were girl, and several other creatures.

What I liked:
-Sam, his cynical voice and his strange, eccentric family
-Ramon
-Brooke
-Frank
-Douglas
-The mythology of it, and the way the supernatural hides in plain sight
-Brid and her were family
-I can't wait for the sequel, Necromancing The Stone!
-The constant humor--I couldn't stop laughing!
-Ashley

What I didn't like:
-Michael
-I would've liked more insight on how The Council worked

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel. If you guys are looking for a modern fantasy with a ton of humor, pick up Hold Me Closer, Necromancer! Next on deck: The Diviners by Libba Bray!

Comments

Popular Posts