Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater Review

Title: Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: A Gathering of Faerie, book one
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Enchanting, romantic, and magical, Lament swept me away completely--I loved it, and can't wait for the sequel!

Dee Monaghan is just a normal girl, wishing her boring summer could be spiced up a little. With the arrival of the mysterious, beautiful Luke Dillion, her wish is granted. Suddenly, she finds herself passionately in love, despite Luke's obvious secrecy, and drawn into the magical, mysterious world of the Fey--beings she thought only haunted songs and fairy tales, along with her best friend, James. Dee must find the strength inside herself to fight back--even if it kills her.

What I enjoyed:
-The magical, magnetic narrative that drew me in from the start
-The pacing--I couldn't put the book down and finished it in a day and a half!
-Dee, and her multi-faceted personality--I rooted for her the entire time
-Luke, the mysterious boy who Dee comes to love
-James, and his fierce devotion to Dee
-The lore, which was well-researched and magical, adding depth to the novel
-Granna
-Dee's parents
-The ending--I can't wait to see what happens next!

What I didn't enjoy:
-The Faerie Queen
-Eleanor
-Aodhan
-Sara
-Delia, especially

I loved Lament--it was one of the best faerie novels I've ever read! I'm not sure what's next on deck, as I have a lot of manga to go through--But I promise I'll keep you guys posted!

Comments

Popular Posts