The Rules by Stacey Kade Review

Title: The Rules
Author: Stacey Kade
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Science Fiction/Romance
Series: Project Paper Doll, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Romantic, original, and tender, I loved The Rules--it's one of my favorites of 2013 so far!

Ariane Tucker isn't exactly a normal girl: An alien-human hybrid, she's been on the run with her legal guardian, Mark, for a decade, constantly looking over her shoulder for the scientific team searching for her. All she has to do to be safe is follow five simple rules: don't trust anyone, remember they are always searching, don't get involved, keep your head down, and don't fall in love. For ten years Ariane has obeyed these edicts, until she meets Zane Bradshaw, who, like her, is so much more than he seems..

What I enjoyed:
-The fresh, original premise, flawlessly executed
-Ariane's and Zane's corresponding voices, adding layering to the novel that I loved
-Ariane's coming of age and evolution throughout the novel
-Her and Zane's relationship, heartbreakingly romantic and sweet
-Mark
-Rachel
-Jenna
-The race against time that counteracted beautifully with the romance of the novel
-The twists that had me frantically turning pages
-Dr. Jacobs
-The cliffhanger ending

What I didn't like:
-The only thing I didn't like was that I have to wait next year for the book! I loved this novel, it was amazing!

Anyone who loves a good romance, or a good novel about aliens--look no further and get The Rules from your nearest bookstore or library--it's totally worth it! Next on deck: Torment by Lauren Kate!

Comments

Popular Posts