Unafraid by Michael Griffo Review

Title: Unafraid
Author: Michael Griffo
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Gay Fiction/Fantasy/Horror
Series: Archangel Academy, book three
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The third and final book of the Archangel Academy, I really enjoyed it, though the ending and loose ends at times had me confused--overall, I really enjoyed the series, especially the relationship between Michael and Ronan.

Michael and Ronan are back, and in the last installment of this series, both boys discover that sometimes, the past catches up with you. With the arrival of a mysterious new student and the whole school choosing sides, with a war beginning to brew, our boys realize that all that they may truly have is one another, because everything else seems to be crumbling around them.

What I enjoyed:
-The narrative, though it bounces from one character to another, layered and mysterious and completely wonderful
-The relationship between Ronan and Michael, beautifully expanded upon in this last volume
-Ronan's family
-Morgandy
-David
-Brania
-Nakano
-Ciaran
-Ruby
-David's origins being expanded on
-The bad baddie in this book, wonderful!

What I didn't enjoy:
-At times Brania and Imogene had me rolling my eyes
-Some of the facts and loose ends kept me confused--I wanted everything to be worked out!

I really liked Unafraid and The Archangel Academy in general. Though not necessarily the best-written, its plot was enough to keep me going. Next on deck: Vixen by Jillian Larkin!

Comments

Popular Posts