Everbound by Brodi Ashton Review

Title: Everbound
Author: Brodi Ashton
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: Everneath, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Romantic, heart-wrenching, beautiful and dark, Everbound didn't hook me until the last half of the book--I really hope Evertrue is better!

Nikki Beckett is still mourning after the dramatic, heartbreaking events of recent weeks. Living on borrowed time, she is determined to fix it, even if it means asking for help from a man she no longer trusts; even if it means facing unimaginable horrors; even if it means sacrificing everything inside her.. No matter the cost..

What I enjoyed:
-The pacing of the novel in the second half
-Nikki, and her determination and dedication to true love, as well as her character evolution throughout the novel
-The unique, beautiful, deadly world of the Everneath, seen up close and personal this time around
-Nikki's family
-Cole, and his role throughout the book as a complex antihero
-Max
-Ashe
-Jack, of course
-Will
-Jules
-The surprising ending I never saw coming

What I didn't enjoy:
-The first half of the book didn't do much for me; it just felt like Nikki was whining the entire time
-I felt like I could predict most of what could happen, through the first half

I didn't like Everbound as much as I loved Everneath, but if you can brave your way through the first half, feel free to try. Next on deck: After Daybreak by J.A. London!

Comments

Popular Posts