Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon Review

Title: Infinity
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Series: The Chronicles of Nick, book one
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Hilarious, creepy, and fun, Kenyon's young adult alternative to the Dark Hunters series features Nick Gautier, a tough as nails Cajun kid from the wrong side of the tracks--and I loved him! More, please!

Nick Gautier is just a normal kid trying to stay out of trouble at his private school. All he wants is to get through his classes unscathed, take care of his mom, and maybe, just maybe, just a girl to finally kiss him. But these plans are derailed for our young hero when the dead start rising from the grave.. and those Nick loves just so happen to be on the menu! As if this weren't enough for one kid to deal with, he discovers that he isn't exactly what we'd call normal..

What I enjoyed:
-Nick's hilarious attitude and persona--he was a great main character that I fell in love with, and I loved his evolution throughout the story
-The solid narration of the novel
-The terrific, creepy pacing--It flew and I gobbled it up
-The lore of the story, though it might be slightly confusing for someone who hasn't read The Dark Hunters (Exhibit A, this kid. Lol.)
-Kyrian
-Nekoda
-Ambrose
-Nick's mother and friends
-Caleb
-The ending--I can't wait for Invincible!

What I didn't enjoy:
-As I said, some of the lore was a bit confusing, but it wasn't enough to bog the whole novel down.

I loved Infinity! A fresh new character in young adult for a girl to love--brava, Miss Kenyon! Next on deck: Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon!

Comments

Popular Posts