Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Review

Title: Sweet Evil
Author: Wendy Higgins
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Sweet Evil, book one
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The start of an original new series, Sweet Evil had me entirely captivated--with romance, danger, a crush-worthy antihero and an innocent main character, this book has something for everyone.
This review is spoiler free!

Anna Whitt isn't like normal girls. She can see people's emotions. She isn't sure why; she's had that ability all her life. Along with many other differences, Anna doesn't realize what they mean until she meets the dangerous, alluring Kaiden Rowe: she is the offspring of a demon and a fallen angel. Forced to accept her heritage, Anna discovers that the world she must navigate is dangerous and frightening, and death may not be far behind. Add to this an intense attraction to Kaidan, and well.. What's a girl to do?

What I enjoyed:
-The compelling, complex yet innocent and sweet narration, provided by Anna--I couldn't put it down!
-Anna herself, sweet and innocent and yet capable of doing so much--I can't wait to see how she grows in the series
-The complex, intense world of the Neph and the Dukes of Sin--the mythology of this was cool and different and I had no problem understanding it
-Kaiden, and his bad-boy attitude, all hiding the soft heart underneath--Kaiden was one of the best selling points of this novel for me
-Kopano, Blake, Ginger, and Marna, all struggling to survive but with very real personalities of their own
-Belial
-Patti
-The ending and the way it promises more, and how it got deep under my skin--I can't wait for Sweet Peril!
-Jay and Veronica

What I didn't enjoy:
-At times Ginger had me rolling my eyes, taking the bitch thing a little far, but I enjoyed her nonetheless

I really, really enjoyed Sweet Evil! It was a great book, one of my favorites of 2012 easily. Next on deck: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins!

Comments

Popular Posts