Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare Review

Title: Lord of Shadows
Author: Cassandra Clare
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Dark Artifices, book two
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book through my local library and reviewed it.

Oh my God. Oh my freaking God. How am I supposed to go on after this?! My life is over. God, Clare, just stomp all over my heart, why don't you?! How could you do this to me?! I'll be honest: I finished this book two days ago. But since I was basically a sobbing, emotional wreck, unable to process, I had to let the review sit. I didn't want to write a review still raw with emotion. I'm still reeling and haven't completely processed everything yet. I don't want to say too much, because I don't want to give something away. (You should all suffer! SUFFER THE EMOTIONAL AGONY! Kidding.)

Lord of Shadows takes place after the events of Lady Midnight, and in this installment of The Dark Artifices, our heroes are led into dangerous places, fighting forbidden, angsty feelings along the way. UGH. I knew this book was going to kill me, but I didn't know just how badly. Clare delivers in spades, as usual: dangerous secrets, forbidden love and killer sexual tension, twists and turns and trips to magical worlds. Add to that beautiful prose, characters that you will have no choice to fall in love with, and that ending--gah! I'm dead. Dead. What am I supposed to do with myself until 2019?! (Excuse me while I find a corner to sob pathetically in....) Ugh. This book, and this series, will make you feel everything, all the feels. Prepare yourselves, guys, because this sequel was definitely one of the most brutal. I am still reeling, and I'm even angrier that I have to wait two years from now to read the next book! One of the best and worst books of 2017, I can't wait for the third book in this series! The bottom line: A meaty, satisfying sequel with a heck of a zinger for an ending, I loved Lord of Shadows, even while it broke my heart. Next on deck: Once and For All by Sarah Dessen!

Comments

Popular Posts