Rise of the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz Review

Title: Rise of the Isle of the Lost
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Descendants, book three
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book through my local library and reviewed it.

UGH! This book. This book. I'm so freaking sad now! I know it had to end, but I still can't help feeling like I came away with a group of lovable, hilarious new friends. It ended really well, but methinks that the ending leaves room for another story. (Maybe it's just wishful thinking?) I think, of all the books, this one was my favorite of the series. Twists and turns, new characters, magic and mayhem and adventure... As far as series closers go, this was amazing! I was as satisfied as I was sad. (You know a series is great when you walk away from it feeling like the characters are your friends.) I can only hope that this isn't the end of The Descendants, because it was just so much fun!

The Rise of the Isle of the Lost picks up where Return left off, with Mal and her friends doing their best to lay rest to their dark, wicked histories. But their peace is interrupted when King Triton's trident goes missing. Forced against the clock and other villains throughout the Isle, the kids are determined to set the rogue magic to rights, leading them on a mission on the ocean. But other forces are brewing, doing their best to stir up trouble and get the trident for their own uses. If the kids don't hurry, evil and villainy will triumph once again...

I loved this book! The pacing was breakneck, leading the reader to Auradon, the Isle of the Lost, and the ocean as the book goes on. I loved the characters, both the old ones and the new. (Especially a certain someone I won't mention because spoilers!) Adventure, magic, mayhem, secrets and political intrigue--this book delivered in spades. I also really enjoyed the way all the loose ends were tied up; it was a nice ending, and I really enjoyed it! I was laughing, crying, screaming, throughout the whole book. This series has straight up won my heart, and cemented my status as the ultimate, die-hard Disney fan! I had so much fun with the next generation of Disney villains, and I can't wait to see what de la Cruz has in store next! The bottom line: The last book in a trilogy about mini Disney villains, I loved The Rise of the Isle of the Lost! Next on deck: Hunger by Roxane Gay!

Comments

Popular Posts