Betrayals by Lili St. Crow Review (Possible Spoilers!)

Title: Betrayals
Author: Lili St. Crow
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Strange Angels, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The explosive sequel to the smash hit Strange Angels, Betrayals, packs as much of a punch as its forebear--and with even more secrets, sexual tension, and action, I couldn't put it down--I can't wait for Jealousy, it's almost too much to bear!

Dru Anderson has had it rough lately--she's killed her dad, turned into a zombie by a sucker who's tried to kill her multiple times, has been stuck between a sexy dhampir and a jealous wulfen best friend, and is stuck helpless at the Schola, not knowing ways to protect herself and trying to deal with someone high up in the mysterious Order hating her and her mother enough to attempt killing them--her mother in the past, Dru in the present.

What I enjoyed:
-Dru, as always, though I didn't like how she was struck helpless at times in the book
-Graves, and his fierce loyalty to Dru, and his protectiveness over her--and how he might be in love with her
-Christophe, always mysterious, but I loved how we got background into his past (Always speaking Polish! I had to go to the computer every two seconds to translate! Lol.)
-The tensions between all three characters
-The tension between dhampir and wulfen
-The Schola itself
-Dylan, though I suspect he could be a traitor
-More background into Dru's parents' deaths
-The accepting of Dru into the wulfen section of the school
-Dru's struggle with her 'rarity'
-The background into Ash's past (The Broken's legends)
-Dibs
-The scary scene where Dru almost loses control and drinks a wulfen's blood

What I didn't enjoy:
-The constant Polish from Christophe
-I wish one of them would just tell Dru how they felt--it'd make everything a hell of a lot easier
-Some of the wulfen at first (Shanks, mostly)
-The fighting scene at the end, it was a little bit scary
-Anna
-The cliffhanger at the end--I'm dying!

I really enjoyed Betrayals--pick up the Strange Angels series if you like badass girls! Next on deck: Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst!

Comments

Popular Posts