The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross Review

Title: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar
Author: Kady Cross
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Steampunk/Fantasy
Series: The Steampunk Chronicles
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: As action-packed as the previous book, The Girl in the Clockwork Collar had me both laughing and crying--though there were some definite flaws that sometimes made me upset.

Finley Jayne had returned--this time she and her gang of misfits--sweet Irish Emily, gruff, masculine Sam and the handsome, charismatic Griff King--are in America, looking for their friend Jasper, who was picked up by the law five days earlier in England. What they don't realize is that Jasper is up to his neck in trouble--and against an enemy who is deadly as he is powerful.

What I enjoyed:
-Finley, as always--she changes only for the better in these novels for me
-Griff and Finley's budding relationship
-The background offered as to Jasper
-The gang--Emily and Sam in particular
-Dalton
-The new setting--America
-Wildcat
-The easy integration of immigrant culture in the novel
-The scary new plot

What I didn't enjoy:
-Mei
-Jasper's constant flip-flopping
-Tesla
-The ending--I want to read The Girl with the Iron Touch right now!
-I really feel like as a sequel, this book let me down--I feel like it could've been a lot better, so I'm hoping the Girl with the Iron Touch is worth it

Overall, this was a good book--though not as good as The Girl with The Steel Corset in my opinion. Next on deck: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead!

Comments

Popular Posts