Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead Review (Possible Spoilers!)

Title: Spirit Bound
Author: Richelle Mead
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Vampire Academy, book five
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Pulling even more punches than the previous books, Spirit Bound had me laughing, weeping, and screaming in equal measure--I read it all in just three sittings--it was a great book and I can't wait to find out what happens in the last novel, Last Sacrifice!

Rose has once again narrowly escaped trouble--nearly losing her life to her former mentor and lover, Dimitri, now turned Storgoi. Home from Russia, Rose becomes obsessed with a fairy tale told to vampire children--there is a way to bring a Storgoi back from the dead into their original dhampir state, and it leads her on a quest across the country--all the while trying to stay alive and sane. Shock after shock is delivered into the final pages, and it ends with the explosion I've come to expect from Vampire Academy and Richelle Mead.

What I enjoyed:
-As always, Rose and her explosive temper
-Lissa, and her fierce royalty to Rose
-Christian
-The constant quests that are presented throughout the book
-Rose's parents
-Adrian
-The unique vampire lore original to Mead's series
-The war between Moroi, dhampirs, and Storgoi
-The war between Moroi to stop the fear and send guardians out earlier, regardless of the danger
-The twists and turns that had me gasping for breath
-The beautiful romanticism, as always
-Dimitri
-The amazing ending--I can't wait for Last Sacrifice!

What I didn't enjoy:
-Tatiana
-Most of the Moroi royals

I love the Vampire Academy series--one of my favorite series of all time! For those of you who love Twilight, pick up the Vampire Academy books! Next on deck: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead!

Comments

Popular Posts