Avenged by E.E. Cooper Review

Title: Avenged
Author: E.E. Cooper
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Fiction/Mystery/Thriller
Series: Vanished, book two
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book through my local library and reviewed it.

Avenged is the sequel to the smash hit published last year, Vanished. (Review can be found at this link: http://literatureobsessed.blogspot.com/2015/04/vanished-by-eecooper-review.html) I loved that book so much. I loved that the main character was diverse, the creepy premise of a group of girls who were all hiding skeletons in their closets. Honestly, it was one of my favorite books of last year, and I didn't realize until I'd ordered it that there was a sequel. It's been sitting in my library stack, and I've been looking forward to it. I'd hoped that it would be good, but this was completely beyond my expectations.

Avenged picks up where Vanished left off, and that being said, I don't want to say too much about the plot--I don't want to ruin it for anyone. But this book was so good. Breakneck pacing, creepy tension, and amazing prose all combine to form a sequel that is deeply satisfying. The payoff was so killer, it was worth waiting for! Cooper has a real talent for writing chilling, spine-tingling mysteries. (And what better time to read a thriller than winter?!) It is honestly one of my favorite books of 2016, easily my favorite duology. It was so much fun! What a thrill ride! The bottom line: The sequel to Vanished, Avenged is a meaty, satisfying end to a great mystery duology of the last year! I loved it so much! Next on deck: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, and Robin Wasserman!

Comments

Popular Posts