Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling Review

Title: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
Author: J.K. Rowling
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Cinema, screenplay
Series: N/A
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

I borrowed this book through my local library and reviewed it.

I've been wanting to see Fantastic Beasts since I've known of its existence, and unfortunately, it was pulled out of theaters in my area before I could go see it. Ever since, I've been dying over the possibility to read the screenplay. When I found it at my library, tucked away on a shelf, I was almost so beside myself with glee I wanted to jump around and cheer. I brought it home, and I finally got the chance to devour it today after the disaster that was Dumplin'. Honestly, I loved it. I would've preferred to have it in book form for my detail, but I was nonetheless happy with it.

I don't want to give away a lot about the plot--the last thing I want to do is ruin the movie for those who haven't yet seen it. But I will say that this new tale into the Harry Potter world, from the American perspective, was both exciting and worrying. It was really refreshing. I loved the characters, but Newt is my favorite and probably will be forever. One of my favorite characters in the Harry Potter universe, hands down! It was also really cool to get more information on magical creatures, I loved it!

Frankly, reading this just makes me that much more pumped to see the film. And even though it was Rowling's first time at writing a screenplay, she did it really well. On the whole, a great piece of literature for 2016! The bottom line: The screenplay for the hit movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, penned by Rowling, makes me even more excited for the movie; it was so much fun! Next on deck: Boy Robot by Simon Curtis!

Comments

Popular Posts