Blood Promise by Richelle Mead Review (Possible Spoilers!)

Title: Blood Promise
Author: Richelle Mead
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Vampire Academy, book four
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: I haven't been this emotionally invested in a set of characters in a really long time--twist after twist had me feeling like I was gasping for breath and being sucker-punched every few pages--it broke my heart and made me want to scream, laugh, and cry all at the same time--bravo, bravo! I want more!

After the explosive ending of Shadow Kiss, Rose is off to Siberia to find Dimitri and save him from a fate worse than death: becoming one of the undead, a violent, soulless killer, leaving Lissa, Adrian, and Christian behind. What she finds is a world that is a lot different from her own--full of Storgoi and blood whores and killing in plain sight--and her Dimitri, completely changed. Dimitri wants to 'awaken' Rose so they can be together forever--and when she is kidnapped, Rose goes into a self-destructive downward spiral--one that she isn't sure she can pull herself out of this time.

What I enjoyed:
-Rose's determination to find Dimitri and save him
-Lissa's ache for Rose--and with her departure, her downward spiral
-Christian
-Adrian
-Dimka's loving family
-The dangerous environment in Russia
-Sydney
-Janine
-Abe
-Dimitri's change, horrible and seductive all at once
-Jill
-Oksana and Mark
-The constant surprises and twists--my heart broke at least three times!

What I didn't enjoy:
-Avery
-Simon
-Headmaster Lazar
-The downward spiral of both Rose and Lissa
-The ending--I'm dying to know what happens next in Spirit Bound!

I love the Vampire Academy series and cannot wait to see what happens next--I am absolutely in love with Richelle Mead and the world of Vampire Academy! Nothing less than five stars for this reviewer! Next on deck: The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray!

Comments

Popular Posts