Bloodlines by Richelle Mead Review

Title: Bloodlines
Author: Richelle Mead
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Bloodlines, book one
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Though I didn't like Bloodlines at first--I definitely preferred Vampire Academy--it really picked up as it went on and I really enjoyed it--especially seeing the old characters I fell in love with--I can't wait for The Golden Lily!

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist--part of a faction of humans charged with keeping vampire secrets, and humans unaware. She is forced out of bed in the middle of the night on an assignment--go to Palm Springs, California and protect the Moroi Princess, Jill Dragomir, even though all Sydney wants is to go to Rome and college, and live her own life. Once there, Sydney has to deal with jealous schoolmates, an unwilling male partner, a moody princess, and murders--as well as getting close to the vampires her kind so despises.

What I enjoyed:
-Sydney--though not at first, since she seemed almost spineless
-Jill
-Adrian
-Rose and Abe's cameo-Eddie as well
-The murder mystery as well as Sydney and Jill's antics at school
-The glimpse into the mysterious, clandestine world of the Alchemists
-Sydney's desire to live her own life, despite her father's expectations
-Zoe
-Sydney's acceptance that not all vampires are bad--in fact, they seem almost human
-Sydney's growing strength throughout the book--and my realization that she wasn't weak, but in fact very strong
-The secret that bind her and Keith unwillingly together

What I didn't enjoy:
-At times Sydney's resolve seemed to falter
-Keith--he annoyed me so much I was screaming at times
-Lee
-Laurel
-The ending
-I would've liked to see more of Rose or Lissa
-Sydney's father

I enjoyed Bloodlines, though not nearly so much as Vampire Academy--it was worth picking up, for hardcore fans. Next on deck: Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow!

Comments

Popular Posts