Jealousy by Lili St. Crow Review

Title: Jealousy
Author: Lili St. Crow
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Strange Angels, book three
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The third book in the blockbuster series Strange Angels, it actually made me incredibly emotional--I liked it, despite some flaws.

Dru Anderson is back--and now she knows for certain that someone high up in the Order wants to kill her. The only thing is: she doesn't know who it is, she and her friend Graves are kind of sort of an item and she isn't sure exactly where they stand, Christophe still isn't with her, and she's also trying to deal with being the only girl in an all-boys school, and trying to gain control of her svetocha instincts.

What I enjoyed:
-Dru, as always--kicking ass and taking names
-Graves, and the way his relationship with Dru was elaborated on
-The way that Dru's mother's origins were expanded on more, as well as her relationship with Christophe
-Christophe himself, and his protectiveness over Dru
-The wulfen and dhampir dynamic in the Schola
-Graves's wulfen friends
-Dru's hilarious guard
-Benjamen
-The constant punches--I was frantically turning pages and freaking out at each new twist
-The mystery surrounding Elizabeth's betrayal
-Augie

What I didn't enjoy:
-Anna, of course
-The way Christophe didn't show up until the book was almost over
-The Council of the Order
-The cliffhanger ending--I'm still bawling as I write this, actually!
-I wish I knew what 'Dru' was short for!
-Christophe, at times--both he and Graves at times in the novel seemed very hot and cold and I didn't like it very much

I really, really liked Jealousy overall, despite some flaws in the series' third novel. I can't wait for Defiance and Reckoning--I always enjoy a ride with Dru Anderson! Next on deck: Defiance by Lili St. Crow!

Comments

Popular Posts