Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead Review (Possible Spoilers!)

Title: Last Sacrifice
Author: Richelle Mead
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Vampire Academy, book six
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The sixth and final book in the bestselling Vampire Academy series, Last Sacrifice tore my heart apart and was beautiful, heartbreaking, thrilling, and still full of surprises--I cannot wait until Bloodlines! I'm already going through withdrawal, and still crying. One of my favorite series of all time, hands down.

Rose Hathaway is in a situation she isn't so sure she can recover from this time: Dimitri is a dhampir again, but he claims he does not love her anymore, cannot love her anymore, and worse, idolizes Lissa for restoring him and refuses to see her. Add to all this a rocky relationship with her boyfriend Adrian, and being wrongfully accused and imprisoned for murder, well... This last adventure before her real job happens could take everything Rose has got, as well as everything she holds dear.

What I enjoyed:
-Rose, and the elaborate adventure in this last novel
-The murder mystery that was so cleverly wrapped up along with everything else
-The constant bombshells
-There was always something going on, either action, romance, or political chessgames
-Christian
-Dimitri
-Lissa
-The way the knowledge in the previous book was used so cleverly
-Adrian
-The pacing--I couldn't put Last Sacrifice down and I'm honestly so sad to see it end!
-The way Sydney got a bigger role
-The Keepers' strange culture
-The bittersweet ending
-Abe and Janine, of course

What I didn't enjoy:
-The way Dimitri idolizes Lissa at the beginning of the novel
-The constant sexual tension between Rose and Dimitri--I kept wanting to scream, "Just sleep together already!"
-Adrian at the end
-The way at times things seemed to hiccup or slow down
-Victor and Robert

I really enjoyed Last Sacrifice, though I'm so sad to see the Vampire Academy series end--I want more. I hope Bloodlines gets delivered to the library soon or I fear I'll go into withdrawal. I'm bawling my eyes out as I type this--I love the Vampire Academy series. One of my favorites of all time, period. Next on deck: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross!

Comments

Popular Posts