Neon Gods by Katee Robert Review

 Title: Neon Gods

Author: Katee Robert

Age Group: Adult

Genre: Romance/Erotica

Series: Dark Olympus, book one

Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars


I borrowed this book from my local library and reviewed it.


I’ll be honest: I picked up Neon Gods for the buzz that I’ve been hearing recently. It’s been sitting at the top of my library stack for a few weeks, so I decided to give it a shot. Katee Roberts puts a brand-new, modern spin on Greek mythology, with a healthy dose of enemies to lovers' romance and more than a little bit of heat. This is my first book by Katee Robert, but I can promise that it will not be my last! Feisty, spicy, heartwarming, and sweet, I absolutely adored Neon Gods!

In the city of Olympus, Greek gods rule, but instead of supernatural powers, the spectrum runs more toward politics. Persephone is the goddess of spring, and all she wants to do is escape the city, though she is unable to until her 25th birthday. But all of her carefully laid plans are soon thrown into a tailspin when her mother, Demeter, forces her hand in marriage to Zeus, all-powerful and rumored to be cruel and hateful, even murderous. Fleeing into the lower city, she finds herself in the lands of Hades, the god of the underworld. Hades is immediately drawn to the sweet, fierce Persephone, and they hatch a plot for them both to get their revenge on Hades. But lust soon turns to something more, and the machinations she tried so hard to escape come back to sink their claws into her…


I absolutely adored this book! I wasn’t sure what to expect at first, as this book is the first I’ve ever read by Robert. I love reading retellings of any kind of mythology, but especially Greek! The pacing was breakneck, and I was immediately captivated by Persephone’s and Hades’s distinct voices. I also adored this new, modern take on Olympus, where the power is more political than supernatural. All of the characters were distinct and real, but my favorite part of the book was the relationship between Hades and Persephone. I loved watching its progression, all the way up to the sweet, sexy ending! I finished this book in a little under two days; it was so enjoyable. Olympus was dark, cutthroat, and full of dangerous secrets, and I loved all of the characters, especially Dionysus and Hermes. Honestly this book might be one of my favorites of 2022! I cannot wait to get my hands on Electric Idol! The bottom line: Sexy, sweet, and full of political intrigue, I loved Neon Gods! Next on deck: My Fine Fellow by Jennieke Cohen!

Comments

Popular Posts